Banug Sug 's

PhotoBlog

Sim-Sim to Tanjung

Leave a Comment
It was 9 April 2013, the last time where I shot the Masjid Daerah Sandakan, which is located in Kampung Sim-Sim. This Masjid architect by one of the known Tausug engineers in town. But on the day I shot this, it was the day I left Sandakan for Sulu.  
Masjid Daerah Sandakan, from Berhala
 
Every time I look at this picture, it reminds me of Friday prayer, my friends and the memories that remained alive forever. I remember my friend's impression about the Masjid, she said "Only in this place I felt tranquil and it was here where the guidance from Allah starting". Indeed sister, I replied; Masjid is the heart of the community. But this Masjid is indeed a perfect place to soothe the feelings.   
It's time to bid farewell to this wonderful Masjid and the good people in Sandakan. I know, peoples are not all the same, some good and some bad. Let good be the reason for us to stay free in this part of the world.

A night after, the wood vessel loaded with passengers from Sandakan passed by many islets on the Sulu sea. I noticed the passengers on board were just calmed, after waiting the departure time for two days in Berhala Laut. Maybe because they were excited to get back home. Wood vessel or Lansa is one of the modes of transportation of the Sulu people to Sabah for decades now.

Honestly, travelling to Sulu with Lansa is boring, really. But, since there was no alternative boat operating Sulu-Sandakan,  it's better than nothing.

It took a day and a night from Sim-Sim, Sandakan to Tanjung, Jolo. Thanks God, we arrived safely.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment