Banug Sug 's

PhotoBlog

Short visit to Isabela

Leave a Comment

I was in Isabela City, Basilan. A place of the mixed cultures and home to the Yakan tribe. 

Isabela City is one of the many places I resided in Basilan. I was in the place because my ancestors lived here before Japanese invasion, probably before 1945. My ancestors were Buranun from Maimbung Sulu. 
Nowadays, the entire Basilan, Isabela in particular is composed of many ethnic tribes and religions. Though Islam is the majority of the populace, Christianity can also be found here. 


Isabela City is just an hour travel via vessel from Zamboanga. Island hoppers can choose the slowest and fastest vessel to reach the place.  


In Isabela you can visit some beautiful beaches in Malamawi, Sumagdang and the El-Fuego resort. 


Make sure do not expose your camera, for safety. It is the common notion of the people that the camera man usually label as "spy". While at the Fast Craft, a woman asked me where I am working, I replied, it's just a hobby.

My comment: After a decade I did not notice any huge development in Isabela City. Hope to see more changes.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment